Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another Judge Caught in the Dread Grasp of Reaction

http://anepigone.blogspot.com/2011/07/spare-and-spoil-not-in-us.html

As I mentioned in my earlier post about the campaign to delegitimize the Judiciary and thereby sack that massive edifice of the Moldbuggian Cathedral, most of the work has to be done by the opposition in the form of 'own-goals'. That's a terribly frustrating way to have to operate, not even having too much capacity to even toss banana peels for the minions of the Cathedral to slip upon. But look here, less than a few days from our last discussion, another such creature of the Cathedral has done Yeoman service for us. Were he a covert agent of Reaction he could not have worked better for us. Catch the magnificent condescension (quoted from AE's post)

"You don't spank children today," Judge Jose Longoria told Rosina Gonzales.
...
"In the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel," Judge Longoria of 214th District Court told Gonzales. "You don't spank children. You understand?"

Damn if I wanted to be inflammatory I could scarcely have written this better myself. Anyone want to bet that lots of folks moved upwards on the judicial delegitimization scale? Spanking is pretty popular in the US, even among fairly highly liberal groups (AE breaks down the GSS findings on the topic in his most excellent post). Sometimes I think that God may be granting me the famous prayer to make my enemies ridiculous.

No comments: