Monday, May 21, 2012

German Greek Tourism Only Down 30% Versus Last Year

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/germans-just-say-no-greek-tourism-holiday-bookings-plunge-30

I find that particularly surprising--or is it that all of the nice places for a summer vacation on the beach in Europe are going the same direction as Greece?  I know the German tourist is stereotypically a lover of sunny beaches---I saw hordes of them in Florida growing up.  Has the TSA made a Florida vacation much less appealing to Germans?  Or is Florida painted as a powderkeg in the wake of the Zimmerman trial in Europe?  I recall there was a spate of crimes targetting German tourists some years back in Florida, to the point where some of the tourists started practicing protective coloration (I saw some German tourists wearing NRA baseball caps, which confused me a bit at the time).

No comments: